Saturday, June 25, 2005

Turkish Meatballs with Coriander



I have never tried fresh coriander before I came to USA. For a while I thought it smelled overwhelming and not pleasant. But now I love it. I basically make up my own recipes with it. These meatballs is my version of "Inegol Kofte". Baking soda gives a chewy texture to the meatballs. It is best that they are consumed soon after they are removed from the oven or the grill. Otherwise while they are cooling they continue cooking.
Ingredients:
1lb ground beef
1 small onion, grated
1 garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
salt to taste
Preheat the oven to broiler setting or prepare your grill. Place all the ingredients in a bowl, mix and knead well. Shape them into little sausages and flatten slightly. Broil or grill 5 minutes on each side. Do not overcook. Makes 4 servings. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home