Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Sun Dried Tomato Pesto


If you are a tomato lover like me, chances are you also like sun dried tomatoes. If that's the case, this pesto is a must for your kitchen. I recently made it to dress a pasta salad, but one can surely think of countless other ways to use it. As usual, I did not measure when I made this, you can just adjust the quantities to your taste.
  • Sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, drained (reserve the oil)
  • Parmesan cheese, grated
  • Garlic cloves, mashed
Just put the above ingredients in a food processor bowl and process. Add the reserved flavored olive oil from the tomatoes and continue to process until you achieve the desired consistency. I have seen alternative recipes adding walnuts, pine nuts or basil as well, but I personally would not want anything to distract from the wonderful concentrated taste of tomatoes. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home