Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Our "Dreaded" Seafood Night


Nobody except Yurdaer really loves seafood in our house. I know, I know, it is a shame! We eat it anyway, but the day of the week I make fish for dinner is not a happy one especially for my children. I must proudly add, however, that nobody really complained when I served these tilapia fillets yesterday. Coming from this bunch, I take silence as a compliment.

I coated the fillets in flour seasoned with white pepper and salt, and sauteed them in olive oil until lightly browned. After I took them to a serving platter, I added some lemon juice, capers and finely chopped red onion to the pan juices, gave it a quick stir and poured it over the fillets.

The starchy component of our dinner was boiled new potatoes. There is a very tasty and equally quick pasta sauce I make when I am pressed with time. I heat some good quality olive oil and add a good amount of grated garlic to it. When the garlic starts to cook, I add salt, a few crushed dry red peppers and a cup of chopped parsley, and cook all for a minute. It doesn't get any easier than this, does it? This time, I used this sauce to toss my boiled and dried potatoes in, and it worked as good as it does with pasta. I will definitely do it again.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home