Sunday, August 14, 2005

Rana's "Chicken Pizza"



Since my fellow blogger Ceyda (who had incidentally said that she could contribute more to a blog for savory dishes) gave up on this blog, I feel obliged to post about our very ordinary everyday food in a fervent effort to keep it going. This is one such post, in other words, no extraordinary taste combinations here, but those of you with younger children might want to give this dish a try, because it is definitely kid-friendly.

To make it, I first pounded chicken breasts and/or tenderloins. I coated them with a mixture of bread crumbs, grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, dried oregano and pepper. After they were nicely pan-fried, they went into a serving platter lined with some pasta sauce. I alternated the cutlets with slices of mozzarella, making sure that the cheese was visible. I framed the dish with more pasta sauce and put it in the oven just until the cheese melted and the whole dish heated through. Serving it with pesto sauce made a nice colorful presentation and definitely added to the overall taste as well. We served it with--you guessed it--pasta.

Note: Come on Ceyda, I do not know how much longer I can keep this going!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home